Be Prepared For When Disaster Strikes!
The origins, causes and kinds of crises are many and varied, but all true crises share certain key features. The mix may change from incident to incident, but in any proportion they combine to create a complex, extremely sensitive and high-risk situation that demands extraordinary management.
An incident becomes a crisis to the organisation if it imposes:
- An environment of unpredictability and surprise
- A threat that is both dynamic and volatile
- Disruption to normal ‘boundaries’
- Stresses to established lines of accountability
- Extreme complexity
- Abnormal urgency and intense pressure on people and systems
- Media scrutiny
View original post 166 more words